Welcome To NFGCC – National Foundation For Gifted And Creative Children
Hello and welcome to the National Foundation For Gifted And Creative Children (NFGCC). We are proud to be the leading voice and platform for children with unique abilities, strengths, and challenges. Our mission is to support, advocate, and empower these children to shine brightly in the world, reaching their fullest potential. ADHD is a very misunderstood topic that not everyone has access to proper information.
Our Vision: At NFGCC, we envision a world where gifted and creative children are not limited by societal expectations or boxed into predefined categories. We believe every child is a star with their own light, and it’s our responsibility to ensure that light shines without dimming. We believe that ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is often talked to about and dealt with improperly. Toxic pharmaceuticals do far more harm than good. Many children have also been labeled falsely as having ADD which is a similar classification and another topic full of lies in the mainstream.
Advocating for a Natural Approach: We are deeply concerned about the prevalent over-reliance on pharmaceutical drugs like Ritalin, often seen as a ‘quick fix’ for children with special needs. While there might be cases where medication is needed, we believe in looking at holistic and natural ways of managing and enhancing the capabilities of our children. Instead of masking symptoms, we strive to understand and address the root causes of challenges.
The Importance of Socialization: Social interaction is a fundamental part of human growth, even more so for our gifted and creative children. We champion for improved socialization methods and opportunities for these children. We understand that their unique abilities can sometimes lead to feelings of isolation or misunderstanding. Thus, we emphasize building bridges, understanding differences, and fostering environments where they can interact, learn, and grow alongside their peers.
How Can You Support Our Cause?
- Educate Yourself: Dive into our resources section and get informed about the challenges and opportunities associated with gifted and creative children.
- Spread the Word: Share our mission with family, friends, educators, and policy-makers. Awareness is the first step toward change.
- Donate or Volunteer: Your time, skills, and resources can make a world of difference in the lives of these children. Check out our ‘Get Involved’ section to learn more.
- Join Our Events: Throughout the year, we host various events, seminars, and workshops. Participate and be part of our growing community.
Thank you for visiting NFGCC. Together, let’s create a brighter, more inclusive future for all children.
We have a long list of items we plan on talking about in the future:
• The National Foundation For Gifted And Creative Children (NFGCC)
• Classroom Problems With Gifted/creative Children
• Educating The Gifted
• U.S.A.- Rhode Island
• Why There Is A Need For The NFGCC
• The Homeschooling Of Andrew Wyeth
• School Violence
• Characteristics Of Gifted/creative Children
• Gifted And Creative Children National Foundation
• Suicide Connections Long Suspected
• School Violence: The Psychiatric Drugs Connection
• Quotes About Gifted Learners
• For Many, Being Gifted Brings Lifelong Struggle
• Proposal For Gifted Children Under Title 16-42
• Connections Between Violent Or Suicidal Acts And Certain Psychiatric Drugs
• Characteristics Of Gifted/Creative Children
• Ritalin Use Is A Bar To Military Service (Plus A Fable)
• Ban Ritalin
Understanding Gifted Children
Gifted children are often those who demonstrate remarkable talents and abilities far beyond their age. Their exceptional cognitive, creative, and emotional capacities make them a unique group, which can sometimes be both a blessing and a challenge for them and those around them.
- Natural Intellect: Gifted children typically have a natural propensity for problem-solving, creativity, and intellectual curiosity. Their brains often work in different patterns, allowing them to make connections and reach conclusions faster than their peers. This innate ability to think critically and creatively is one of their strongest attributes.
- Diverse Range of Talents: It’s a common misconception that giftedness is limited to academic prowess. In reality, gifted children can excel in a multitude of areas, including arts, music, sports, and leadership. Their potential is vast, but it needs the right environment to flourish.
- Potential Hurdles: Just because they have remarkable talents doesn’t mean their journey is without hurdles. Social expectations, peer pressures, and sometimes their own internal drive can lead to undue stress. Moreover, incorrect classifications like ADD or ADHD can sometimes hinder their progress.
Rethinking ADHD and ADD Classifications for Gifted Children
While Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are legitimate neurological conditions affecting many, it’s essential to be cautious when diagnosing these conditions, especially among gifted children.
Many gifted children, due to their heightened sensitivity and advanced cognitive abilities, can exhibit behaviors that may superficially resemble symptoms of ADD or ADHD. For instance, a gifted child may seem distracted in a regular classroom setting because they’re bored or not sufficiently challenged. They may display restlessness or daydream frequently, not because of an inherent disorder, but because their minds are racing ahead of the curriculum.
Blurring the lines between the natural tendencies of gifted children and the symptoms of ADD or ADHD can be detrimental. It not only deprives them of the unique educational opportunities they need but can also subject them to treatments that may be unnecessary or even harmful.
The Question of Ritalin and Other Medications
Ritalin, along with other similar medications, is commonly prescribed to children diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. While there’s no denying that certain children benefit from such medications, they are not without side effects. Concerns about Ritalin include:
- Physical Effects: Potential side effects range from insomnia and appetite loss to more severe reactions like heart problems.
- Emotional Impact: Some children on Ritalin report feelings of depression or flatness, robbing them of their natural zest for life.
- Dependency: Extended use can lead to dependency and can also have implications for a child’s future, including restrictions in some professions.
- Impact on Natural Growth: Medications can sometimes mask the root causes of a child’s behavior rather than addressing them.
In essence, while medication has its place, it should not be the first or only line of action, especially when dealing with gifted children whose behaviors might be misunderstood.
Gifted children bring a spectrum of talents and abilities that can shape the future. It’s our responsibility to understand, nurture, and support them without hastily labeling or medicating them. By fostering an environment of understanding, encouragement, and natural care, we can ensure these bright minds reach their fullest potential without unnecessary hindrances.
The Statistics: A Closer Look at ADHD and ADD in Children
Understanding the numbers can provide a clearer perspective on the prevalence of ADHD and ADD in children and the challenges they face.
- Prevalence of ADHD: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as of my last update in 2022, approximately 9.4% of children between the ages of 2 and 17 have been diagnosed with ADHD at some point in their lives in the United States. This equates to over 6 million children.
- Prevalence of ADD: ADD, which is often now encompassed under the broader ADHD label (specifically the inattentive subtype), is harder to isolate statistically. However, it’s estimated that around 30-40% of those diagnosed with ADHD predominantly exhibit inattentive symptoms characteristic of ADD.
- Treatment Statistics: Among children diagnosed with ADHD, about 62% take medication as a form of treatment, and 47% receive behavioral treatment.
Beyond ADHD and ADD: The Spectrum of Giftedness
Giftedness is not restricted to academic or cognitive prowess. It spans a spectrum, encompassing various areas of human potential.
- Talented Artists: Some children possess an innate ability to create art, capturing emotions, stories, or scenes in vivid detail. Their ability to see the world through a different lens often astounds adults.
- Musical Prodigies: Whether they’re playing instruments or showcasing vocal talents, these children have an intrinsic understanding of melodies, rhythms, and harmonies that can leave audiences spellbound.
- Kinesthetic Brilliance: Some children have exceptional physical abilities, whether in dance, sports, or other physical disciplines. Their control over their bodies and understanding of movement can be astonishing.
- Emotional Intelligence: Often overlooked in traditional definitions of giftedness, some children have a profound ability to understand, interpret, and manage emotions—both their own and those of others.
- Innovative Thinkers: These children see solutions where others see problems. They have a knack for innovation and often come up with ideas and concepts that are ahead of their time.
The Importance of Holistic Understanding
To pigeonhole children into specific classifications can do them a disservice. While labels like ADHD, ADD, and “gifted” can provide a framework for understanding and support, it’s crucial to view children holistically. Each child is more than a sum of their classifications or symptoms. By focusing on their strengths, nurturing their passions, and providing tailored support for their challenges, we can help them thrive in their unique ways.
The landscape of childhood giftedness and neurodiversity is vast and varied. Whether a child is grappling with the challenges of ADHD, expressing themselves through art, or demonstrating remarkable emotional intelligence, it’s essential to approach each child with understanding, compassion, and a commitment to fostering their individual potential. As educators, caregivers, and advocates, our role is to create an environment where every child feels valued, understood, and empowered to shine.
Utah’s Kratom Laws and Where to Buy
Kratom, a tropical tree native to Southeast Asia, has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties and as a mild stimulant. The leaves of the Kratom tree contain compounds that can have both stimulant and sedative effects. Over the past few years, Kratom has gained popularity in the US as an alternative remedy for pain management, anxiety, and opioid withdrawal, among other uses. But with its rise in popularity comes the debate over its legality and safety. Here, we delve into the status of Kratom in Utah and provide guidance on where to purchase it. We like this article about Utah’s Kratom Laws And Where To Buy because it talks about this topic in depth.
Kratom’s Legal Status in Utah
In the United States, Kratom's legal status varies from state to state. Fortunately for Kratom enthusiasts, Utah has been progressive in its approach.
Rezeptfreie Potenzmittel mit Sofortwirkung: Natürliche Lösungen und mehr
In einer Gesellschaft, in der sexuelle Leistung oft im Vordergrund steht, suchen viele Männer nach Mitteln, um ihre Potenz zu steigern. Während viele sofort zu verschreibungspflichtigen Medikamenten greifen, gibt es eine wachsende Bewegung, die sich auf natürliche, pflanzliche Lösungen verlässt. Warum? Weil pharmazeutische Produkte oft unerwünschte Nebenwirkungen haben und für den Körper auf lange Sicht toxisch sein können. Es gibt viele gute Rezeptfreie Potenzmittel mit Sofortwirkung, die Sie auf bestimmten Websites finden (einschließlich natürlicher Ergänzungen).
Es gibt eine Vielzahl von Kräutern und Pflanzen, die traditionell verwendet werden, um die männliche Potenz zu steigern. Einige der bekanntesten sind:
- Ginseng: Ein bekanntes Tonikum und Adaptogen, das dabei helfen kann, die körperliche Leistungsfähigkeit zu steigern und Müdigkeit zu reduzieren.
- Maca: Eine Wurzel aus Südamerika, die oft als "peruanisches Viagra" bezeichnet wird und die Libido steigern kann.
- Tribulus terrestris: Dieses Kraut wird traditionell in der ayurvedischen Medizin verwendet und kann den Testosteronspiegel erhöhen.